End of the Academic year 2019-2020: A "seeyasoon" letter to my students




Oh, my dearest students,


We DID it!!!!! YAY!!!!! It is finally the end of this academic year and… it has been difficult but we made it! It seemed a long way to go, when the confinement started early in March in Spain. But, hey ho!!!!! here we are, and here I am trying to say “good-bye” and hoping to actually “see” you in September!!!!
Some of you have worked really, really hard these days; well done! Congratulations!! some of you have worked not so hard (you can do much better next time!) and others have not worked at all (I hope you will next year!). However all of you gave my remote teaching some meaningful sense, which in turn was just something I needed to cope myself with the hardships of my job during the situation. In addition, I want to thank all of you that have kept me updated on the way you have been coping with the pandemic situation and the lock-down.

I sigh now deflated because, believe me, I am exhausted and because a part of me gets really emotional when I say goodbye to you: firstly, and most importantly, because you really matter to me; also because this one has been an exceptionally different (and tough) academic year for the whole school community and because I think about all the stress you all, and your families, as well as me (too) have gone through over the past few months.

There have been times we all were too overwhelmed, stressed and exhausted, easily frustrated and upset with the workload but in those moments I hope you could also see my patience and care behind the screen, not only my stressing, a bit annoying side.

I now think of our past times together in class – our true space: I have missed your questions, your answers, your curiosity, your hidden smiles, your jokes, your open smiling faces, your angry faces, your stressed faces, your relaxed faces, your sleepy ones; your hidden “tik-tok” dances, your stories about famous youtubers, your stories about your pets, about your families, your sneaking pose with your hands under the desks quickly checking up on your mobile phones; your gossiping; your facial expressions when you shared your opinions on very different topics, your eye-contact, your lack of eye-contact, my patience, my distractions, your impatience, and your patience; your attention-seeking, your attention-getting, your attention, your inattention, your motivation and the different and unique personalities you are shaping and building.

With all the ups and downs of everyday life at school, I just hope you have learnt something from my lessons while all these things I have just described above were happening in our class. 

From the remote teaching/learning period I just hope you saw you matter to me because you are part of my passion, which is actually teaching teens like you.

We do not know what the situation will be like in September (let’s hope it’s the closest to our “normal way of normal”). All we teachers have right now is all bits and bobs of information so, although many of you have been asking me that question, I am afraid I am not able to answer yet.

Enjoy the summer break and make the most of it. One way or another we will “see” each other in September for a brand new academic year 2020-2021 and until that moment, I wish all you the best you can get, if you have been brave enough to read up to this point

Loads of love,

Marina


Random memories: ESO1





Random memories: ESO2



Random memories: ESO3


Random memories: ESO4







Comments

OPEN DAY - Get to know us

Made with Padlet

Instagram @alqabritish

SPOTIFY FOURTH GRADERS

SPOTIFY 3rd Graders

SPOTIFY SECOND GRADERS

SPOTIFY FIRST GRADERS