Our Virtual Book Club: Hyperbole, by María José Díaz

Hyperbole in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, by María José Díaz, teacher of Literacy in #ESO2 of the MEFP-British Council Programme 


Last week, after reading  chapter 2 of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, “A Pool of Tears”, our ESO 2 students learnt what a hyperbole is (an exaggeration). And they looked for other examples of hyperboles in the English language. Here you are some examples:

I love you to the moon and back.

I’m dying of laughter.

I have told you to clean your room a million times today.

He’s as old as the hills.

I am so hungry I could eat a horse.









Comments

OPEN DAY - Get to know us

Made with Padlet

Instagram @alqabritish

SPOTIFY FOURTH GRADERS

SPOTIFY 3rd Graders

SPOTIFY SECOND GRADERS

SPOTIFY FIRST GRADERS