What is it like to be PART OF THE BRITISH COUNCIL PROGRAMME at IES Al-Qázeres?


What is it like to be PART OF THE BRITISH COUNCIL PROGRAMME at IES Al-Qázeres?

Podcast here



RADIO PODCASTS ON BILINGUAL EDUCATION: OUR STUDENTS' OWN EXPERIENCE

Irene Merayo Urbano, ESO2


Héctor Álvarez, ESO2


INÉS GRANDE, ESO4


AGUSTÍN CORTÉS, ESO2



FRANCISCO PARRA LUCEÑO, ESO3







ELENA HERNÁNDEZ CONEJERO

It has been suggested for the lucky students who we study in the British Council programme what does it mean for us being part of it? 

Let´s start giving my opinion about my High School: “Al-Qazeres”. Here we are able to learn English in an enjoyable way, thanks to the teachers we have and their ability to teach us the subjects in another language. 

Also, we have to do our part and strive. Now, it´s our last year in the programme, since 1st of ESO I’ve learnt a lot and it has been so interesting. 

All in all, I’ll continue learning English because I think with it you can communicate with people all around the world and also you can opt for many possibilities in your life.


JULEN ROMÁN COBOS ESO 4





CELESTE GONZÁLEZ SKENDER



SERGIO PORRAS MARTÍN



ANA POSE


For me being part of the British Programme means an opportunity of learning english in many different aspects. 
The British Council tries to make you study as if you were a british student, so we learn a different culture and it can give us opportunities in the future due to the level that we can achieve.
I think it is a way of improving this language, not only because of its level, but also because we have many subjects that help us to know a lot of new vocabulary and be more fluent.




CRISTINA MORGADO, STUDENT OF THE MASTER'S DEGREE ON SECONDARY EDUCATION 




I chose IES “Al-Qázeres” as my internship centre because I had heard about the MEFP-British Council Programme that takes place there. I did not know exactly what it was about, but I was convinced that it could be a very interesting experience. One month later, I can say that I was not wrong. The methodology followed seems to me to be completely different from what I would find in any other centre in the city, since it aims to familiarise the students with the English language in native-like way. Spanish is no longer used as a point of reference for forming sentences, expressing their thoughts or interacting with each other. On the contrary, due to the continuous exposure the students receive, they are able to construct the language in a completely natural way. I feel very fortunate because I am having the opportunity to teach, but also to learn from wonderful students who, for the most part, stand out for their responsibility, good behaviour and tremendous curiosity to learn new things every day.

Comments

OPEN DAY - Get to know us

Made with Padlet

Instagram @alqabritish

SPOTIFY FOURTH GRADERS

SPOTIFY 3rd Graders

SPOTIFY SECOND GRADERS

SPOTIFY FIRST GRADERS