Do you think your name can shape your personality? Our ESO1 Literacy students find out in this task


 Do you think your name can shape your personality? 


Some researchers have found an unusual relationship or association between the name of a person and their personality. Those researchers claim that people with the same names seem to have similar personalities. Is there any truth in all that? Our ESO1 students are about to find out!

GOALS: 

To work on adjectives describing personality.

To read descriptions.

To develop self-awareness.

To develop critical thinking

To give reasons why one agree or disagree with someone's opinion.


They visited this website where they wrote your names in the space provided and read about their personality analysis. Then, they shared their opinion with their classmates.


HERE ARE SOME SAMPLES OF THE STUDENTS' WORK


Irene Borrego Caballero

I think that a name cannot define or say what a person is like and that depends on what your personality is like. But on the website it says some things that I agree with and some that I  don´t. For example, the website says that the name Irene makes you quite direct and I think that is not true in my opinion.


Elia Díaz Merino

  I think that it have a lot of reason because it describes me very well, for example, I always want to transmit my ideas in a very creativity form, such as art, I desire a lot a settled home and family life but, at this time, I still haven't got it, and finally, with the health analysis, I think that it have a lot of reason, I'm worry a lot of times in a day with problems that I cause or other worries that I have when I'm thinking on problems that my friends or my family have, this makes me very sad, I think that instead of highly strung the thing that I have with this problems it will be over-sensitive. The people that are around me like my friends and family, they tell me that I'm not very expressive but they're wrong, when I am alone, I am very expressive with me and I have a lot of emotions that, I'm not accustomed to show with other people.


Lucía Díaz Villar

I think that yes it is my personality totally.


Clara Durán Santillana

I agree with what it says about my name becase some time Im a little bit indecisive for example.


Irene Gordo Vidarte

The name of Irene leads you to assume considerable responsibility and to prefer to work independently, without direction or interference from others because you have very definite ideas of your own. I agree but sometimes i want to work with people


Carlotta Iglesias Rodríguez

I think that it does not represent me at all. For example I’m so ambitious but not to have a lot of money or expensive things. By the way I’m generous and I always try to do my best but with out hurting the feelings of someone. I’m so perfectionist so that is right, and I always try my best to do things. It wasn’t clearly right.


Iria Pacheco Vidarte

Regarding this idea about my name, I think that some things are true but there are others that are not.


Dayana Piedrahita Tenorio

This analysis agrees very well as my personality and the way I see things are almost the same.


Amanda Rodríguez Dávila

I totally agree: I am a person who greatly appreciates art and music .... but on the other hand I am also very sensitive and empathetic although I am very nervous. Rarely do I experience the peace of mind that comes with stability of thought or emotional control, or the inability to express my inner thoughts. Because of my shyness and nerves..... It really surprised me a lot because I feel that it represents my personality a lot

Aitana Rosado Flores

I don´t agree with a part of this analysis of my personality but there are some point that I identify with me. In the first point I agree only for creative but I don´t agree with the artistic and music adjetives. With the third point I agree in the part of I´m a social person because I meet friends rapidly. According with the health part I totally agree with the skin because I have atopic skin.

Lucas Benito Rodríguez

I think that more or less is right, the words that I did not understand I found them in a dictionary.


María Granado Delgado

I've entered in the web and I looked at my personality based on my name and I think most things are right but there are a few things that aren't. For example, one thing it says was that I like to help others but sometimes I worry too much. I think that is true since I love to help if someone have a problem but in some occasions I overthink it a lot and it is not necessary.

Another thing that it says was that I don’t like to get into problems if it means to hurt other people's feelings. It’s true. I don’t like to enter in other people's problems. And less if I hurt people. A thing that it says and I don’t agree is that I can develop artistic and musical skills. I don’t like very much that kind of things, I don't hate it either but I like better other things.


Carla Salomé Borrella

I agree in most of the facts that my name says about me but I disagree with the fact that says “you depend upon others for support and encouragement”. I consider myself a very independent person. I usually don’t need nobody to give me support or motivation. I always find the way to have those things without help. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the rest of my personality description.


Comments

OPEN DAY - Get to know us

Made with Padlet

Instagram @alqabritish

SPOTIFY FOURTH GRADERS

SPOTIFY 3rd Graders

SPOTIFY SECOND GRADERS

SPOTIFY FIRST GRADERS