What do our students think about Education Systems? Friendly reminder for these days: EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS

As a brainstorming, the students watched a video to warm up, and after watching the video, I asked them to share their views on the topic of Schooling, Education, Systems, etc.






Are you a genius? Yes you are!


It is really interesting to hear their voice. They have a lot to say because they aim at a better future for education for all.


ESO1

Carla Salomé Borrella

The world is progressing and so we should. We must make a better world. We must help each other to have a better society in the future. Each of us have different talents that we should feed. We should make them shine to be the person that we want to be and have the job that we like.

This generation will have a lot of mental illnesses. We believe we are useless and we believe our marks show our real worth.

Teachers taught us that exams defined our value since we were little babies. Maybe they didn’t say that. Nevertheless they kept counting our marks instead of counting our behavior, creativity, fellowship… I believe exams and tests are psychologically harmful objects for children and teenagers. 

We spend a lot of time at school. We will never spend that time having fun with our families. WE WILL NEVER GET THAT TIME BACK TO HAVE FUN WITH OUR LOVED ONES.

As far as I am concerned, we have got to change a lot of things in the educational system.


Lucas Benito Rodríguez

I think is beautiful this video and the man who is talking is right and we need to be better and that we feel better at studying and not feel like If all are bad at school.


Irene Borrego Caballero

I think that the boy is right because the way of education today and  other years is the same, however other things such as cars have changed.

Also, all students have the same rights to everything and because one person is more intelligent than another, that doesn't mean that they are not equal and don't have the same rights.

EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS!


Elia Díaz Merino

I think that he is right, all of the students are equal but at the same time are different. No one of they have the same ability to do one thing, there are students that are better in one thing and others that are not better in that. If one student of all in these big world dreams to be one thing that is important to he/she, why we don't give he/she the time to let he/she to effort and pass more time specializing in that thing, but at  the same time, don't giving up the other subjects? All of us are a genius in one thing at least and all of us need to effort and pass more time in that thing that we think that we are genius. If we don't effort and pass more time doing that thing, when we are going to start?


Clara Durán Santillana

I feel that the man think in a very good way and I think is a really good idea to let the fishes swim and to give to the teachers the money that they deserve and also to dont say to the fishes that they can´t climb a tree because if we continue like this is going to be catastrophic, what we need is to have in our minds the future that we deserve and go for it because if we think like that we can finish with this problem and it´s going to be the best for our future.


María Granado Delgado

Yes, I have felt the video and I agree with it because it is very right since it has been possible to change many things in the world while the school is always the same. Many times the effort and learning aren’t valued and it is only evaluated by the mark of an exam. I hope one day education, like technology, evolves and isn’t only learning some knowledge that comes in the books.


Aitana Rosado Flores

I think the same as the boy because if my best friend told me that I'm really stupid I would feel terrible.


Celia García Sánchez

I feel that this with that vídeo you can get opinions of important people on world, i think its a greatfull vídeo and i like the words that we saw in the video.


Joaquín Merayo Urbano

I am not agree at all, because, as he said, we can´t say to a fish, "climb the tree" but, if the fish doesn´t try to clim it, the fish will never know, if he can, and that´s what we´re doing now, in 1st and 2nd of ESO, see, what can we do in the future, and then, choose in what i am going to work. And also we need to know a little bit of all things, to fend for ourselves. Maybe it can be better the way to explaining, and evaluate.


Iria Pacheco Vidarte

While I was watching this video y feel that que man that is talking is right, because we are all different, may be one is a very good painter and another one is awesome in maths. For that reson I think we all need to be different because we like different things, because we have different needs, because we aren't the same person, because we aren't robot, we aren't machines, we are genius.


Alejandro Quintana Fajardo

With this video I am totally agree with this video

ESO2

Elvira Damas García

I think the man was absolutely right, not everyone has the same aims and dreams in their life and school teaches us sometimes like robots, schools have been being the same for years and from my view, it is very sad.

Vera Muñoz Cava

I completely agree, because normally we judge people for not having the same abilities as us, there are people who get 10 in math studying three hours every day, and there are people who are not in the best situation at home, or who do not have the same daily time to study and they get 5 or 6, and without knowing the situation of that person we believe that they will never be able to get 10, but maybe if they had better conditions they would get them, because everyone is able of everything, with more or less work, but we are all able to make whatever we want.


Jorge Niso Flores

I think he is right, because today almost nothing has changed in the educational system for many years and we are used to judging intelligence, control of a subject by an exam when it may not be so and there are times when we focus more in getting a good mark than in learning

Gonzalo Gallego López

I think that everybody is a genius and the educational system needs to change as the man in the video said, "Nothing changes in 150 years".

Jimena Ceme Paucar

I felt that he is right about the educational progress and I felt calm after watching it.


Marina Elviro Guerrero

I think this video is the truth. Because if you take different people with different dreams and interests, and you try to teach them the same in the same way, they are not going to learn. They are going to memorize a unit to write it in a exam and then forget it.

At the time of select their future we are not going to know what we like or dream, because dream is for kids and work is for adults. I don't think that the teachers have the guilt but we have to do something with the education. Before it's too late.


Leire García García

After I saw this video I feelt very understood by someone. Like the man said, all the teachers treat us equal and they became an unpleasant figure, but if they don't always teach us the same thing and let us do things by ourselves, or they guide us, they would change most of our thoughts and life. Not all the teachers are like this but if all of them focus in us and not in a our mark, all would be better. 


Nora Rodríguez Borrego

I think that the education system si not very well, I don´t understand why all the students need to vomite all that they lern in a exam. If you do a exam now, a few weeks ago, you are not goning to remember nothing. I think that it is not compusory to climb a tree, like in the video says.


ESO3

Clara Campos Portillo

I VEry much agree with the boy, I think that education has hardly changed at all and it's a shame because the students go without wanting to learn and learning is something very beautiful and it is becoming something that in the end we will end up hating, so we have to change that NOW.


María de las Nieves Canales González

I think it’s right, I really liked it, I found it very interesting.


Alejandro García Garrido

I had already seen the video and I really enjoye it, I don't know if he is completely right but the fact that nothing changed in the last 150 years really surprised me. Also, we, the students must be mind-open and make IT easier for you, teachers, because there are students that simply just want to complain and make things harder for the teachers.

Pablo Luis Muñoz

I am feeling confident.



ESO4
Irene Merayo Urbano

I agree with the fact that everybody can be good at something, you just have to find a goal that makes you happy and you want to pursue. And, even if you don’t achieve it, you shouldn’t let that “failure” let you down. 
In my opinion, we shouldn’t measure our value only on the amount of prizes we have, or our marks, or our position inside a business, but on our progress and the path we have had to follow.


Roberto González Alés

I feel this man is completely true, we are obligated to stay 6 hours a day in the same chair. Today a teacher has said to me, it’s ok if you talk but only in the break not in the classes. Another reason of saying wow now apart from not moving from a chair and having to listen and even study things I’m not going to use EVER (although I’m great on them, but they’re useless)we need to stay quiet during 2,45 h and then another 2,45 h ? A little bit extreme and very bad planned. As he said in the video we are preparing for the past not for the future.

Carla Sánchez Marcos

I think he is absolutely right since it is true that we should be educated to have a good future and to be able to do what we want in the near future. 

Sofía Vasco Gómez
I totally agree with everything said in the video. The system should change so that we all feel like geniuses. After watching I felt I was a strong and smart person. I wish the society changed as the man has said.

Héctor Sánchez Pavón
The video is really imepressive just because nothing has changed in relation to education compared  with the other aspects of life.



Comments

OPEN DAY - Get to know us

Made with Padlet

Instagram @alqabritish

SPOTIFY FOURTH GRADERS

SPOTIFY 3rd Graders

SPOTIFY SECOND GRADERS

SPOTIFY FIRST GRADERS