Reading ON Science, ABOUT Science, IN Science #WorldBookDay







 Reading ON Science, ABOUT Science, IN Science

IF YOU WERE TO READ THREE OF THESE BOOKS, WHICH ONE WOULD CHOOSE? WHY?


Francisco Darío Caballero Román

I would choose “Florence Nightingale: The Courageous Life of the Legendary Nurse”, “A Black Hole Is Not a Hole” and “The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope” because acording to the summaries and the reviews those are the book that I think are I would enjoy the most.


Marta Esteve Ramírez

I would read Florence Nightingale: The Courageous Life of the Legendary Nurse because it’s very interesting learning from the life of a woman who helped to make a change in the world and save as much people as she could, so I think her story deserves to be known.


Diana García Fidalgo

These are the tree books I would like to read:

- Florence Nightingale: The Courageous Life of the Legendary Nurse, because I've already learnt a bit about this woman doing a History project and I would love to get to know more about her life.

- A Black Hole Is Not a Hole, because I don't know much about this topic but it seems really interesting and fun to read.

- Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World, because I think it would be amazing to learn some new things about women in science. 


Roberto González Alés

Almost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream would definitively be the book I would choose, it title catch all my attention.


Irene Merayo Urbano

One, Two, Three...Infinity: Facts and Speculations of Science, AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World’s Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors & Unexplained Phenomena and Nothing: From absolute zero to cosmic oblivion -- amazing insights into nothingness.


Luna Muvilla Campos

- Almost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream

- Secrets of the Universe in 100 Symbols

- A Black Hole Is Not a Hole


Pablo Pacheco Penis

Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World

Bomb: The Race to Build—and Steal—the World's Most Dangerous Weapon

A Black Hole Is Not a Hole 


Sofía Vasco Gómez

Almost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream,Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World and Secrets of the Universe in 100 Symbols


Héctor Álvarez Luengo

1. A black hole is not a hole. 

2. Bomb: The Race to build and steal the world's most dangerous weapon. 3. Invencible microbe: Tuberculosis and the never-ending search for a cure .

I chose these books because when I read the title I felt the necessity of knowing more about It.


Paula Bote Andrada

If I were to read 3 of these books I would choose Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World by Rachel Ignotofsky (because it is important to recognise women's achivements in science and other fields), The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope by William Kamkwamba (because it seems like a pretty inspiring and interesting story that I can learn from) and The Universe in Your Hand: A Journey Through Space, Time, and Beyond by Christophe Galfard (because I think it would help me understand many things about our universe and its origin)


Clara Campos Portillo

1. The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy, Because I really like the idea of ​​feminism in a book and I think I could really like it.


2. Why Can't Elephants Jump?  had never asked myself this question and now that I read it I have become very curious so I would love to read it and inform myself.


3. Girl Code I loved the IDEA of uniting the technological world with the story of how the protagonists met, it can be very entertaining.


Irene Campos Portillo

I would choose ``Why Can't Elephants Jump?: And 113 Other Tantalising Science Questions´´, because I have many questions about science and in these book they talk about questions of science


María de las Nieves Canales González

-Florence Nightingale: The Courageous Life of the Legendary Nurse

-A Black Hole Is Not a Hole

-Nothing: From absolute zero to cosmic oblivion


Agustín Cortés Matas

A blck hole is not a hole


Clara Díaz López

I would read Florence Nightingale: The Courageous Life of the Legendary Nurse because one of the things I would like to be in the future is a Nurse so I think i would like the book so much.


Noa Durán Casares

I would read: 

1) Almost Astronauts: Women Who Dared to Dream

 2) Bomb: The Race to Build—and Steal—the World's Most Dangerous Weapon 

 3)  Citizen Scientists: Be a Part of Scientific Discovery from Your Own Backyard.

 I would read them because they have caught my attention.


Alejandro García Garrido

Why Can't Elephants Jump?: And 113 Other Tantalising Science Questions. Well, all these kind of matters really interests me, they are the kind of things a kid would ask to his parents.

A Black Hole Is Not a Hole by Carolyn Cinami Decristofano. A black hole is always something to learn more.

Nothing: From absolute zero to cosmic oblivion -- amazing insights into nothingness. The nothing has been a thing I usually think about, is it actually "nothing"?


Ángel Manuel García Garrido

The first one I'd is A Black Hole Is Not A Hole, because of the interesting name, the second would be Almost Astronauts: 13 women who dared to dream, because I barely know names of important women compared to the one I know from men, and, the last one I'd like to read is The Elements: A Visual Exploration Of Every Known Atom in The Universe, because one of my interests is chemistry.


Adrián González Pérez

I would like to read "Girl Code: Gaming, Going Viral, and Getting It Done" because I like very much tecnhonoly and I didn't have read before a book focused in this topic.


Gloria González Skender

-Peimates: The Fearless Science of Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Biruté Galdikas, by Jim Ottaviani.

- Citizen Scientist: Be a Part of Scientific Discovery from Your Own Backyard, by Lonee Griffin Burns.

-Moonbird: A Year on the Wind with the Great Survivor B95, by Phillip Hoose.


Pablo Luis Muñoz

Women in Science


Pablo Muñoz Milán

The three books that I would read will be: Why Can`t Elephants Jump? And 113 Other Tantalising Science Questions, AsapSCIENCE: Answers to The World's Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors & Unexplained Phenomena and The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope. I would read the first two because solve my doubts with those books and the last one because I saw the movie and I found it very interesting that's why I would like to read the book.


David Palacios Krenz

Fun Science: A Guide to Life, the Universe and Why Science Is So Awesome. I think it would be interesting to know a little bit more about the universe.


Víctor Manuel Polo Redondo

Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World

Because it is the one which has more stars.


Ángela Quijada Collado

1. A black hole is not a hole, by Carolyn Cinami Decristofano= I would like to read this book because I am interested in the universe, as it is so complex, and the black holes for me are wonderful.

2. Girl Code: Gaming, Going Viral, and Getting It Done by Andrea Gonzales=I would like to read this books because it seems to be interesting and also is gorgus that such a young girl can create a videgame so knowing her story would be nice.

3. Nothing: From absolute zero to cosmic oblivion -- amazing insights into nothingness

by New Scientist= I would like to read this book becuase as I said before I am interested about the whole universe but also about "the nothing"; how life started or also why universe was created.


Graciela Vadillo García

Why Can't Elephants Jump?: And 113 Other Tantalising Science Questions


Marta Vicho Vega

Florence Nightingale


Alejandro Barriga Lozano

I would read : ''The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe

''. Just because I am very interested in the world of elements and I think I would like it.


Jimena Ceme Paucar

I black hole is not a Hole : I think it is an interesting affirmation that could be very  fun book 


Jorge Cuño Fernández

Almost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream


Gonzalo Gallego López

bomb, imbencible microbe and a black hole is not a hole. Because Its make me curiose.


Leire García García

Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World, Girl Code: Gaming, Going Viral, and Getting It Done, The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope, Primates: The Fearless Science of Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, and Biruté Galdikas


Carlos Holguín Corrales

I think that the book of the secrets of the universe because I love the space and I think that is interesting


Elena Martín Cava

The books I would read are:

1º Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World, because we need to know that many women changed the world, no only men.

2ºAlmost Astronauts: 13 Women Who Dared to Dream, because it's interesting, I like the title and the same as the first book, there aren't only important men, there are also women. 

3º The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy: A Handbook for Girl Geeks, because it looks interesting. 


María Irene Prieto González

-"Florence Nightingale: The Courageous Life of the Legendary Nurse" because I want to know more about she

-"Girl Code: Gaming, Going Viral, and Getting It Done" because I get it interesting

-"AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World’s Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors & Unexplained Phenomena"


Lucas Silveira Congregado

2, 7 and 9


Carlos Vázquez Fernández

I would read these three books:

-AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World’s Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors & Unexplained Phenomena.

-Nothing: From absolute zero to cosmic oblivion -- amazing insights into nothingness.

-The Universe in Your Hand: A Journey Through Space, Time, and Beyond.

I have choosen these books because I like a lot philosophy. For me is fascinating to try to give an answer to questions without a known answer, to try to find the why of things, or to think and reflect about things that we asume, things to which we never try to find another answer. All of these books try to answer these questions, so they are perfect to me.


and you, IF YOU WERE TO READ THREE OF THESE BOOKS, WHICH ONE WOULD IT BE?





Comments

OPEN DAY - Get to know us

Made with Padlet

Instagram @alqabritish

SPOTIFY FOURTH GRADERS

SPOTIFY 3rd Graders

SPOTIFY SECOND GRADERS

SPOTIFY FIRST GRADERS