Moxie book club takes off #alqareading

 


Reading the book with the five senses














MOXIE AND ME: JAMBOARD

Good book club questions are essential for sparking an engaging and enjoyable discussion. They can help our students make predictions just by analysing the cover, the summary and the book reviews, as well as discover new perspectives, deepen their understanding of the book they are about to read, and connect with the characters or the topic on a personal level. We used Jamboard to answer some questions about the main theme, which the students inferred from the pictures, the symbols in the cover, the summary, and the book reviews.




 

 




After reading the summary at the back of the book, I can tell that Moxie reminds me of when I had a teacher who was our tutor, and when she had to worry about us and our real problems she didn't do it and didn't give them importance, but she gave too much importance to the insignificant problems. So sometimes we felt ignored and other times very overwhelmed and overprotected.

I really don't think this book reminds me of anything in my personal life so far: normally in my day to day life I experience equal situations. The previous situation is one of the only times that I have experienced an unfair situation, that makes me see how lucky I am for the type of people I surround myself with.

I haven't had to find my voice, at least that I can remember, as I said before, I live in an environment where we all respect each other. But yes, when I see that happening, I try to get away from that space because it seems to me that it is a toxic environment that I don’t want to reach in my life.















Comments

OPEN DAY - Get to know us

Made with Padlet

Instagram @alqabritish

SPOTIFY FOURTH GRADERS

SPOTIFY 3rd Graders

SPOTIFY SECOND GRADERS

SPOTIFY FIRST GRADERS