The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: The Cowardly Lion #alqaReading

Since lions are supposed to be "The Kings of Beasts," the Cowardly Lion believes that his fear makes him inadequate. He does not understand that courage means acting in the face of fear, which he does frequently.


ELENA MARTÍN CAVA




Leire García: Conversation between the lion and me. 


Me: See, I know you have heard many times that you are so cowardly, actually, we call you a cowardly lion. 
Lion: Yes, it is so tiring for me. 
Me: I know, really. But I think it is only for your thoughts and memories, but you need to forget and ignore all people say, and trust in you. Also I will try to ask friends to stop with the cowardly joke
Lion: No! Don´t worry about it!
Me: Yes! I am going…I know if I was the person who was suffering and hearing this continuously, I would be so tired and disappointed in myself. 
Lion: Thanks for all, you understand me, as anyone has done. 
Me: I love helping others when they are in bad situations, because I think when I am with them, they will help me. But sometimes, it usually isn't. 
Lion: Yes, it’s true. I will try. Anyone will see me as a cowardly lion.
Me: Yes, this is what I was wanting to hear. Now, show your brave, confident, happy, strong, bright face. 

Jimena Ceme


IRENE PRIETO


LUCAS SILVEIRA

Hi Lion,
I’m Lucas Silveira, I know this could a bit strange but I read about you in the book of the Wizard of Oz, and I want to say you that you're not cowardly, sometimes you are but that’s normal, everyone is scared in some moments, so don’t hurt you with that, you’re a brave lion.
My best wishes on your travel,
Lucas.


Comments

OPEN DAY - Get to know us

Made with Padlet

Instagram @alqabritish

SPOTIFY FOURTH GRADERS

SPOTIFY 3rd Graders

SPOTIFY SECOND GRADERS

SPOTIFY FIRST GRADERS