Our impact on the planet: Food for thought for our #ESO4 "Climate Changemakers" #EcoAlqaBritish



If you remember, earlier this academic year, all of our students accepted a first challenge: The Climate Changemakers Challenge. They are greatly concerned about what is destroying our environment and for that reason they are willing to create a healthier, more sustainable, and more just society. They are part of the solution, we all are. They know it. Awareness is essential and that is one of the reasons why we are working on the 2030 Global Goals Agenda (Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs) once again. It is absolutely paramount to work on it across the curriculum. 

Taking notes about the STORY OF STUFF, thinking about what point the short film MAN is trying to get across and getting inspired by our brevity in a National Geographic short doc, our changemakers have captured and expressed their own viewpoint from where they stand regarding climate change.


Samples of their work:

DIANA GARCÍA FIDALGO

SourceS of the images: responsabilidadsocial.net / paisajeycontaminacionmanuela.blogspot.com / image.shutterstock.com


IRENE MERAYO URBANO


JORGE CORTÉS

LUNA MUVILLA

DARÍO FCO. CABALLERO 


Fran Parra

SOFÍA VASCO


LYDIA MARTÍN TEJEDOR
 


CARLA



PABLO PACHECO

Comments

  1. DIANA GARCÍA FIDALGO7 February 2022 at 10:43

    One of the main things I believe I can do is raising awareness by talking to people in my area or even in my own family, as to increase the chances of real change and to widen the range of possibilities that I, as a teenager, have to take action. Leaving this aside and even though I know it isn't enough to just do that, I will try my best to recycle and give a second chance to stuff I already own to avoid having to buy more things when it's not really that necessary. That's because, as I see it, everything we can do to improve the environment's condition, even the slightest of changes in our daily routines, can be of great help. Finally, I would like to mention that I will try to further educate myself in this issue in order to be more informed about different ways to fight for our planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. F. D. Caballero Román7 February 2022 at 10:44

    I think the best ways in which I can contribute to this change are buying products made with sustainable and recyclable materials, reducing my consumption of non-essential products, and giving a new use (second life) to the stuff that I already own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

OPEN DAY - Get to know us

Made with Padlet

Instagram @alqabritish

SPOTIFY FOURTH GRADERS

SPOTIFY 3rd Graders

SPOTIFY SECOND GRADERS

SPOTIFY FIRST GRADERS